Wye Media understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.wyemedia.co.uk (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Definitions and InterpretationIn this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:“Account” – means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;“Cookie” – means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 13, below;“personal data” – means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);
“We/Us/Our” – means Best for Entertainment Ltd t/a Wye Media, a limited company registered in England under company number 04907423, whose registered address is Singleton Court Business Park, Wonastow Rd, Monmouth, Monmouthshire, NP25 5JA, and whose main trading address is the same.
- Information About Us2.1 Our Site is owned and operated by Best for Entertainment Ltd t/a Wye Media , a limited company registered in England under company number 04907423, whose registered address is Singleton Court Business Park, Wonastow Rd, Monmouth, Monmouthshire, NP25 5JA, and whose main trading address is the same.
- Your Rights4.1 As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:4.1.1 The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;4.1.2 The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 12);
4.1.3 The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 14);
4.1.4 The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you if you are no longer a Wye Media customer, where possible we will remove any data we hold);
4.1.5 The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
4.1.6 The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes;
4.1.7 Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
4.2 If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 14 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
4.3 For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
- What Data Do We Collect?
5.5 job title;
5.7 contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
5.8 demographic information such as post code, preferences, and interests;
5.9 financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
5.10 IP address;
5.11 web browser type and version;
5.12 operating system;
- How Do We Use Your Data?6.1 All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.6.2 Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:6.2.1 Providing and managing your Account;
6.2.2 Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
6.2.3 Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
6.2.4 Supplying Our services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
6.2.5 Replying to emails from you;
6.2.6 Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by using the opt out link in the email;
6.3 With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email and telephone with information, news and offers on Our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
6.4 Third parties (including wordpress, google, wordfence, ninja forms) whose content appears on Our Site may use third party Cookies, as detailed below in section 13. Please refer to section 13 for more information on controlling Cookies. Please note that We do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data they collect and use and advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
6.5 You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
6.6 We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
6.6.1 As long as you are a customer of Wye Media
- How and Where Do We Store Your Data?7.1 We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.7.2 Your data will only be stored in the UK.7.3 Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
7.4 Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
7.4.1 Operate all site over a secure connection (https).
7.4.2 Regularly Change account password on the server
7.4.3 Enforce complex password policies for our account services
- Do We Share Your Data?8.1 Subject to section 8.2, We will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes.8.2 In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority.
- How Can You Control Your Data?10.1 In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in section 4, when you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details).10.2 You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
- How Can You Access Your Data?You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org, or using the contact details below in section 14.
13.5 In addition to the controls that We provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
13.6 You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
13.7 It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.